TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Loud pop / crack sound from engine bay, dash lights on, >>
People Seeking Info

Subject Loud pop / crack sound from engine bay, dash lights on, >>

Posted by WE350Z on August 23, 2015 at 11:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 456 times.

Message engine died at idle / stop. Was driving home to SF from Monterrey (drove up this morning not too hard absolutely no issues took a little less than 2 hours, no sound system bumping). Car then sat parked for almost 11 hours. On the way home was driving hard, took about 2.5 hours with traffic. Also had the sound system (500W RMS) bumping pretty good almost the whole trip. Could of sworn I heard something rattling / hitting the road but don't see anything strange under the hood so far and nothing leaking underneath or dragging on the floor.

Car died about 5 times at each light (luckily this happened on my exit). Got increasingly more difficult to start each time. Car would not boost, then stereo shut off, engine sounded fine but was really jerky. I could only keep the car running by holding down the accelerator seemed to rev high no matter how hard I pressed the accelerator. Power steering and power breaks was in and out.

Alternator is the first thing that comes to mind. I believe it may be the original. I am going to let her sit for a while and cool down, see if she starts up and runs clean then check the charging system with my multi meter. Also going to check all fuses / relays / fuseable links..

FML just spend almost $600.00 just 4 days ago on new clutch hydraulics (master and slave cylinders), transmission and differential flushes... I guess when it rains it pours :(

As always any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2006 Scion tC (Sold)
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z Track (Sold)
2000 BMW X5 4.4i
1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
1985 Nissan 300ZX NA (Sold)
http://WE350Z.com>v
WE350Z at gmail dot com

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.